Thursday, August 21, 2008

On Overthinking Love (A "WTF!" Day ad)

A guy, visibly anxious, nervous, and a little sweaty, once remarked to his friend, "Man, this is terrible. I don't know if I should even do this."

"What do you mean?" his friend asked nonchalantly.

"I mean," he stammered, "What if I've read all the signals wrong? What if she's just playing me for a fool? What if she's just being nice? What if she just wants to be friends?"

"So?" The friend answered impatiently.

"Are you even listening!?! What if I'm wrong? What if she doesn't really like me? Jesus, maybe I should stop all of this nonsense."

His friend laughed loudly and shamelessly. "Are you freakin' crazy? So what if you're wrong!?!"

The guy was in mild shock. There was a look of defeat on his face. He felt betrayed.

"You don't understand," the friend explained, calming down a little, "Who cares if you're wrong? What if you're right?

Moral Lesson: Some things are just worth the try.




"Welcome Travelers From The Future!" Day is still on January 1, 2010.


see: all posts about it

Think you can improve this and/or translate this into another media? Do it! Turn this into a better "ad."

Don't forget to share this blog! Use the bookmarking buttons found below this post and all over the page.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment